Monday, October 8, 2007

Not a Star in the Sky, But a Bird on a Post


One morning just as I was headed out to get some coffee, my friend Dierdre called. She said there was a hawk or an eagle right outside her house and she wondered if I knew what it was. I kind of figured I wouldn't know, but I still wanted to look at it. I'm glad Dierdre's the kind of person who when she sees something really cool she wants to share it with someone. I'm also glad that two of her daughters weren't home and the other one was asleep and her neighbors had recently moved so she thought to call me. And she gave me coffee.

4 comments:

mully said...

i love that, and i love the title, can i steal it for one of my works?

Boomer said...

I would be honored.

suspiciously pleased said...

my friends suck. none of them call me when they see a bird on a post . . . .

mully said...

damn, i saw a fox on the run on the bike path this am, i shoulda called...